Every month Illustrators Ireland members respond to a ‘One-Word Brief’ – anything goes, in response to a randomly-chosen word.
This month, the word is:
arriviste (a-ree-VEEST) noun
1. A person who has recently attained high position or great power without due effort or merit; an upstart.
2. An unscrupulous, vulgar social climber; a bounder.
[French, from arriver, to arrive, from Old French ariver.]
Here’s my entry, based around the idea of the “Reality Star”, their lack of talent and my dismay that these people are treated as something special.
Check out the work of other illustrators on the Illustrators Ireland blog.
Latest posts by Jennifer Farley (see all)
- 26 Places of the World - May 16, 2017
- Beginner’s Guide To Cropping & The Crop Tool In Photoshop - April 23, 2017
- How To Whiten Teeth In Photoshop - April 11, 2017