I heard this morning that the Vatican has just issued ten commandments for drivers. I could probably learn a thing or two from them. Anyway, I decided to write a ten commandments for Photoshop Users.
1. Thou shalt worship Photoshop and shall have no other image editors before it.
(Well maybe Illustrator. Ok, maybe GIMP too because it’s Open Source. But that’s it!)
2. Thou shalt remember Ctrl + Z (Cmd + Z) because thou will need to undo.
3. Thou shalt not drop shadow or reflect everything.
4. Thou shalt remember that the Lens Flare filter should be used only once – when thou first gets Photoshop and think it’s cool. After that, thou should pretend it does not exist.
5. Honour thy father and mother, husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend and do not forget they exist when thou just want to try out “one more thing”.
6. Thou shalt not murder a good photograph by over-using filters.
7. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain when Photoshop crashes and thou hast not saved.
8. Thou shalt not copy other Photoshop designs, thou shalt steal them.
9. Thou shalt not covet your neighbour’s wacom tablet. Get thine own.
10. Thou shalt occasionally turn off Photoshop, go outdoors, get fresh air and inspiration.
I’d be delighted to hear your commandments