It’s important when you are editing an image in Photoshop or Illustrator that you can zoom in (to work on a pixel by pixel basis if necessary) and then zoom out again to see how your changes look. To speed up your workflow enormously, try using keyboard shorcuts rather than clicking on the Zoom tool in the tool box or using the View menu.
Here are some keyboard shortcuts to try:
- To quickly view your image at 100%, double-click the zoom tool in the toolbox.
- With any tool selected, press Ctrl and + (Windows) or Cmd and + (Mac) to zoom in, or press Ctrl and – or Cmd and – to zoom out.
- Press Ctrl+spacebar (Windows) or Cmd+spacebar (Mac) to temporarily select the Zoom In tool from the keyboard. When you’re finished zooming, release the keys to return to the tool you were last using.
- Press Alt+spacebar (Windows) or Option-spacebar (Mac) to temporarily select the Zoom Out tool from the keyboard. When you’re finished zooming, release the keys to return to the tool you were last using.
- Hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac) to change the Zoom In tool to the Zoom Out tool.